RE: Postgres Security Patches Question

От Patil, Prashant
Тема RE: Postgres Security Patches Question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Adrian for quick reply. So what would be best options here to apply security patches?  Using RPM?

Regards,
Prashant

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 10:38 AM
To: Patil, Prashant <Prashant.Patil@crowncastle.com>; security@postgresql.org; pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org;
pgsql-general-owner@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Postgres Security Patches Question

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you
recognizethe sender and know the content is safe.

On 4/24/19 7:30 AM, Patil, Prashant wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> We have a question related to security patches.
>
> Following is our server specification:-
>
> OS-RedHat 7
>
> Postgres - 9.3 (planning to upgrade to 11.2) and 11.2
>
> We have installed postgres using source code and moved postgres data,
> config and share default install directories to custom
> directories/mount points. If there is any security patch that need to
> apply on postgres database in future, 1. Would security patch
> available in form of source code/zip file OR do we have to apply it
> using rpm? 2. If rpm, would it be possible to install security patch
> on postgres custom directories through RPM? 3. Any caveat that we need to aware about?
>
> Any help here would be really appreciated.

AFAIK the patches are not released separately. In your case you would need to download the new patched complete source
andrebuild it.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
This email may contain confidential or privileged material. Use or disclosure of it by anyone other than the recipient
isunauthorized. If you are not an intended recipient, please delete this email.

Сообщение: Re: Postgres Security Patches Question
Сообщение: Re: Postgres Security Patches Question