RE: [EXTERNAL]: Re: pglogical install errors openSUSE Leap 42.1

От Bellrose, Brian
Тема RE: [EXTERNAL]: Re: pglogical install errors openSUSE Leap 42.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the info. I will investigate these steps.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Giulio Calacoci <giulio.calacoci@2ndquadrant.it>
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 9:07 AM
To: Bellrose, Brian <brian.bellrose@Wabtec.com>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>; pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL]: Re: pglogical install errors openSUSE Leap 42.1

Hi,

I'm not an OpenSuse expert, but I know a bit about building pglogical...

I've been able to compile pglogical on a leap 42.3 docker image

In the beginning, I tried to compile pglogical using the very same postgresql packages you were using, but for some
reasons,I was consistently receiving linking errors.

After some debugging, and packages digging, I found some official SUSE packages for leap 42 So I decided to give them a
try.
Here is the URL to the repo:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__download.opensuse.org_repositories_openSUSE-3A_Leap-3A_42.3-3A_Update_ports_openSUSE-3ALeap-3A42.3-3AUpdate.repo&d=DwIFaQ&c=pG3N8eJDEvizGbIy8hw-0w&r=Avd8jJaAOeUVJ3AmVEriBLvYqiK8qqaP7C8huZnWyCI&m=YCSK4nrYEqdAY-8Bp8EfSfbaQsdFk6R8BWkTYwfFz0s&s=Y25bebtRT7XasHdr19dUMsGiUfJVFJ7cyK88MiaC1GE&e=

Note: here
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__download.opensuse.org_repositories_openSUSE-3A_Leap-3A_&d=DwIFaQ&c=pG3N8eJDEvizGbIy8hw-0w&r=Avd8jJaAOeUVJ3AmVEriBLvYqiK8qqaP7C8huZnWyCI&m=YCSK4nrYEqdAY-8Bp8EfSfbaQsdFk6R8BWkTYwfFz0s&s=kKXgcuSUbzsujz8MMh0GcsLa5Yy7-Wsj8iI3wH2DD7E&e=
you can find also repositories for older leap versions. including 42.1

An important suggestion I can give you is: please use a checkout from git instead of using a tar file containing the
sourcecode.

This because pglogical uses a git submodule for the pglogical_dump component.

Here is the link to the 2ndquadrant source repository:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_2ndQuadrant_pglogical&d=DwIFaQ&c=pG3N8eJDEvizGbIy8hw-0w&r=Avd8jJaAOeUVJ3AmVEriBLvYqiK8qqaP7C8huZnWyCI&m=YCSK4nrYEqdAY-8Bp8EfSfbaQsdFk6R8BWkTYwfFz0s&s=f6n6qhkn5ychzPwu3NM6-Y7gPkZ0XkHjhmWKg4_MxNI&e=

Here is the sequence of action I performed:

zypper addrepo
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__download.opensuse.org_repositories_openSUSE-3A_Leap-3A_42.3-3A_Update_ports_openSUSE-3ALeap-3A42.3-3AUpdate.repo&d=DwIFaQ&c=pG3N8eJDEvizGbIy8hw-0w&r=Avd8jJaAOeUVJ3AmVEriBLvYqiK8qqaP7C8huZnWyCI&m=YCSK4nrYEqdAY-8Bp8EfSfbaQsdFk6R8BWkTYwfFz0s&s=Y25bebtRT7XasHdr19dUMsGiUfJVFJ7cyK88MiaC1GE&e=

zypper install postgresql94-devel openssl-devel libxml2-devel libxslt-devel pam-devel readline-devel zlib-devel
krb5-devele2fsprogs-devel  libselinux-devel git vim

then I cloned the pglogical git:
git clone
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_2ndQuadrant_pglogical.git&d=DwIFaQ&c=pG3N8eJDEvizGbIy8hw-0w&r=Avd8jJaAOeUVJ3AmVEriBLvYqiK8qqaP7C8huZnWyCI&m=YCSK4nrYEqdAY-8Bp8EfSfbaQsdFk6R8BWkTYwfFz0s&s=dGJuVm7AZqax8w_zo12SgV2Sidcm6TmsftvP151tv2I&e=

(note, I used the https link because in docker I was having some issues using the ssh protocol. if you face the same
issueupdate the .gitmodule file inside the repository checkout to use the https link to pglogical_dump
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_2ndQuadrant_pglogical-5Fdump.git&d=DwIFaQ&c=pG3N8eJDEvizGbIy8hw-0w&r=Avd8jJaAOeUVJ3AmVEriBLvYqiK8qqaP7C8huZnWyCI&m=YCSK4nrYEqdAY-8Bp8EfSfbaQsdFk6R8BWkTYwfFz0s&s=5d5i8InHaQ8ITofwHCD7qwHQ_wvqPvKl9kxLzap3PHA&e=
) git checkout REL2_3_0 (this because I wanted to use the latest released code. feel free to use another tag if you
wish)git submodule sync git submodule init git submodule update

now the repository is up to date.
PATH=/usr/lib/postgresql94/bin:$PATH make USE_PGXS=1 clean all PATH=/usr/lib/postgresql94/bin:$PATH make USE_PGXS=1
install

(as you can notice the path is different from the documentation as suse uses different default paths from rhel and
debian)

This worked for me on OpenSUSE leap 42.3, PLEASE let me know if it works for you too.

Ciao,
Giulio

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 23:07, Bellrose, Brian <brian.bellrose@wabtec.com> wrote:

> I found a repository that offered it and added the repo.
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__download.opensuse
> .org_repositories_home-3Avjt-3Aifad_openSUSE-5FLeap-5F42.1_home-3Avjt-
> 3Aifad.repo&d=DwIFaQ&c=pG3N8eJDEvizGbIy8hw-0w&r=Avd8jJaAOeUVJ3AmVEriBL
> vYqiK8qqaP7C8huZnWyCI&m=YCSK4nrYEqdAY-8Bp8EfSfbaQsdFk6R8BWkTYwfFz0s&s=
> nvwV34wE61EoyLrFp7Y9w1OHj_UHjOVDahM6y3lveT4&e=
>
> Only time will tell if that was a wise decision. I only need to it to get me through my upgrade. Moving all these to
RHEL8.1 and Postgres 11.7. Going to use pglogical to try and reduce downtime.

> Brian

EOL?

> > Brian

krb5-devel...Ok, good to know. Seems like that may be the missing link. At least I hope it is the only one.

> > Was postgresql94-devel also installed?
> >

> >> Brian

installpglogical is so that I can upgrade and get off this OS. Our requirements are for limited downtime so pglocical
isbest bet. At least I thought it was.

Ithas about three sentences that encompass their complete install instructions from source. No documentation on package
dependenciesor anything else or even what package do download. I tried 2.2.1 first and it did not work. I have gotten
fartherwith 2.2.0, but I am getting what appears to be dependency errors. Might need to install krb5-devel. Not 100%
clearthough.

> >> Well on my Leap 15.1 krb5-devel does provide gssapi.h.
> >>
> >> How was Postgres installed on the machine?

 Giulio Calacoci - 2ndQuadrant
 PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support  giulio.calacoci@2ndQuadrant.it |
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.2ndQuadrant.it&d=DwIFaQ&c=pG3N8eJDEvizGbIy8hw-0w&r=Avd8jJaAOeUVJ3AmVEriBLvYqiK8qqaP7C8huZnWyCI&m=YCSK4nrYEqdAY-8Bp8EfSfbaQsdFk6R8BWkTYwfFz0s&s=bahqvQSYcdOuPYiiDLrkC8skTOmjHE2PvhN-FkIglzE&e=

От: Giulio Calacoci
Сообщение: Re: [EXTERNAL]: Re: pglogical install errors openSUSE Leap 42.1
От: "dainius.b"
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: too many dynamic shared memory segments