Re: Recommended optimisations slows down PostgreSQL 8.4

От Waldo Nell
Тема Re: Recommended optimisations slows down PostgreSQL 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 2011-08-11, at 18:17 , Greg Smith wrote:

> shared_buffers=512MB
> wal_buffers=16MB
> checkpoint_segments=64

Thanks for the advice.  I tried these values... And it is even worse - went up to 63 minutes (from 60 minutes).  Like I
saidthis load is read mostly.  My 80 / 20% might be a bit inaccurate, if so it could be more like 90% read and 10%
write. I do not see any checkpoint warnings in my logs.

I guess that means the OS cache is better for this particular use case than the postgresql cache?