Installing Postgres 8.1.4 on Linux RedHat

От Amit Phatarphekar
Тема Installing Postgres 8.1.4 on Linux RedHat
Дата
Re: Installing Postgres 8.1.4 on Linux RedHat
Re: Installing Postgres 8.1.4 on Linux RedHat
Список pgsql-admin
I'm trying to install Postgres 8.1.4 server on our CentOS distribution of RedHat Linux environment.

I have 2 choices
1. Build it ground up from the source code (from http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v8.1.4/)

I would rather use option 2, instead of building it from the source code.
I can't download anything from http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.1.4/linux/rpms/redhat/rhel-es-4/, because when I go to any of the mirror sites, it just doesn't work....and all I see is some unfinished html page.

How do I install using binaries?

Thanks
Amit