Re: Need for speed

От Roger Hand
Тема Re: Need for speed
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Ulrich Wisser wrote:
> >
> > one of our services is click counting for on line advertising. We do
> > this by importing Apache log files every five minutes. This results in a
> > lot of insert and delete statements.
> If you are doing mostly inserting, make sure you are in a transaction,

Well, yes, but you may need to make sure that a single transaction doesn't have too many inserts in it.
I was having a performance problem when doing transactions with a huge number of inserts
(tens of thousands), and I solved the problem by putting a simple counter in the loop (in the Java import code,
that is) and doing a commit every 100 or so inserts.

-Roger