Re: Large difference between elapsed time and run time

От Nikk Anderson
Тема Re: Large difference between elapsed time and run time
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey D. Brower [mailto:jeff@pointhere.net]
Sent: 11 March 2003 14:24
To: Nikk Anderson; 'Scott Buchan'; pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Large difference between elapsed time and run time

>My question is how are you accomplishing the connection pooling?

I have programmed a connection pool in Java - I am sure something similar is possible in most other languages.

Very basically, the concept is as follows:

> Application initialisation
        >>> 1) Create X number of connections to the database
        >>> 2) Store connections in an Object
        >>> 3) Create an array of free and busy connections - put all new connections in free connection array
        >>> 4) Object is visible to all components of web application

> Request for a connection
        >>> 4) Code asks for a connection from the pool object (3).
        >>> 5) Pool object moves connection from free array, to the busy array.
        >>> 5) Connection is used to do queries
        >>> 6) Connection is sent back to pool object (3).
        >>> 7) Pool object moves the connection from the busy array, back to the free array

I hope that helps!

Nikk

Сообщение: Re: Large difference between elapsed time and run time
Сообщение: Re: Large difference between elapsed time and run time