Re: Debian Squeeze - no xml support for Pg 9.2

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Debian Squeeze - no xml support for Pg 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Volkmar Herbst wrote:
> I have a problem with xml support on a fresh installation of pg 9.2. I
configures and build postgres
> with xml.
>
> I rebuild with /usr/local/pgsql/postgresql-9.2.0/configure
--with-libxml  --with-python. Configuring
> make and make install went well.
>
> configure: using CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -
> Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security
-fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv

> configure: using CPPFLAGS= -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr/include/libxml2
>
> configure: using LDFLAGS=  -Wl,--as-needed
>

> However I get an error in postgres doing xml operations:
>
> select '<test></test>'::xml
>
> results in
>

> ERROR:  unsupported XML feature
>
> LINE 1: select '<test></test>'::xml
>
>                ^
>
> DETAIL:  This functionality requires the server to be built with
libxml support.

> HINT:  You need to rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml.
>

> ********** Error **********
>

> ERROR: unsupported XML feature
>
> SQL state: 0A000
>
> Detail: This functionality requires the server to be built with libxml
support.

> Hint: You need to rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml.
>
> Character: 8
>

> Pg_config gives:
>

> BINDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/bin
>
> DOCDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/share/doc
>
> HTMLDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/share/doc
>
> INCLUDEDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/include
>
> PKGINCLUDEDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/include INCLUDEDIR-SERVER =
/usr/local/pgsql/include/server LIBDIR =
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib PKGLIBDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/lib LOCALEDIR =
/usr/local/pgsql/share/locale MANDIR
> = /usr/local/pgsql/share/man SHAREDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/share
SYSCONFDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/etc PGXS
> = /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk
>
> CONFIGURE = '-with-python'
>
> CC = gcc
>
> CPPFLAGS = -D_GNU_SOURCE
>
> CFLAGS = -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -
> Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing
-fwrapv CFLAGS_SL = -fpic LDFLAGS = -
> Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-rpath,'/usr/local/pgsql/lib',--enable-new-dtags
>
> LDFLAGS_EX =
>
> LDFLAGS_SL =
>
> LIBS = -lpgport -lz -lreadline -lcrypt -ldl -lm VERSION = PostgreSQL
9.2.0

> Could anybody help?

That looks like the pg_config you called and the server you used are
not the ones that you built.

Is there a second PostgreSQL installation on the machine?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Greg Williamson
Сообщение: Re: Database size stays constant but disk space keeps shrinking -- postgres 9.1
От: Greg Williamson
Сообщение: Re: Database size stays constant but disk space keeps shrinking -- postgres 9.1