Re: terminating autovacuum process due to administrator command

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: terminating autovacuum process due to administrator command
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC
> is used this calculation of SEMMNI.
> SEMMNI    Maximum number of semaphore identifiers (i.e., sets)
at least ceil((max_connections +
> autovacuum_max_workers + 4) / 16)
>

> In this document
http://deepakmurthy.wordpress.com/2012/01/04/configure-a-box-for-kernel-
and-postgres-
> configuration/ is used different calculation of SEMMNI.
> SEMMNI = ((2 * max connections) * logical partitions on the server +
number of local applications (max
> app server connections) )
> Does it make sense? And if yes why?

I don't know what a "logical partition" in Linux or PostgreSQL should be
(they can hardly be talking about disk partitions), so it does not make
sense to me.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe