Re: SSL encryption makes bytea transfer slow

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: SSL encryption makes bytea transfer slow
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Marti Raudsepp wrote:
>> I can't get oprofile to run on this RHEL6 box, it doesn't record
>> anything, so all I can test is total query duration.

> Maybe this helps you with OProfile?
>
> http://people.planetpostgresql.org/andrew/index.php?/archives/224-The-joy-of-Vx.html

Dang, you're right, I wasn't aware that I was on a virtual machine....

Now it seems that you were right before as well, and I failed to
disable SSL compression. At any rate this is what oprofile gives me:

samples  %        image name               symbol name
6754     83.7861  libz.so.1.2.3            /lib64/libz.so.1.2.3
618       7.6665  libcrypto.so.1.0.0       /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
534       6.6245  postgres                 hex_encode
95        1.1785  libc-2.12.so             memcpy

Unfortunately there is hardly any documentation for OpenSSL, but I'll try to
figure out what I did wrong.

If I managed to disable compression, I think that would be good for pretty
much everybody who uses SSL with PostgreSQL.

Yours,
Laurez Albe

Сообщение: Re: Performance Problem with postgresql 9.03, 8GB RAM,Quadcore Processor Server--Need help!!!!!!!
Сообщение: Re: Performance Problem with postgresql 9.03, 8GB RAM,Quadcore Processor Server--Need help!!!!!!!