Re: Maximum number of client connection supported by Postgres 8.4.6

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Maximum number of client connection supported by Postgres 8.4.6
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jenish Vyaswrote:
> please let me know what is the maximum number of concurrent client
connection supported by Postgres
> 8.4.6
>
> max_connections = ????
>
> For my database,
>
> If I am running the test for more then 1000 concurrent active user it
is showing me error "running out
> of connection"
>
> I have set max_connections = 1200.

There is no error message "running out of connection" in the code base.
Could you quote the exact message?

Maybe you are hitting a kernel resource limit, see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/kernel-resources.html
In that case you might have to increase SEMMNS or SEMMNI.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe