Re: configure options

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: configure options
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Siddharth Shah wrote:
>>> In My Application I have only 256MB storage device and I have to
>>> manage many other application in same storage
>>
>> Do you only need the PostgreSQL client or also the server?
>> Will that small storage device also contain the database?
>>
> Yes, I need to run Client Server both application.Yes database
> reside in same storage
> Will small size make any issue ?

Well, if your database grows, it might exceed the available
storage space and stop working. I guess you planned for that.

>> Reducing the number of languages with --enable-nls=<languages>
>> will certainly help some. Disable all "Optional Packages" you
>> don't need (they should be described in the documentation).
>
> At this time problem is
> If I want to support some new foreign language in future on deployed machine.
> Will it support, while I configured postgres with specific language option.

There will be no problem storing and retrieving data in various languages, as
long as the database encoding is UTF-8.

> Documentation on these parameters from postgres appreciable

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/install-procedure.html

Yours,
Laurenz Albe