Re: configure options

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: configure options
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Siddharth Shah wrote:

>     In My Application I have only 256MB storage device and I have to
> manage many other application in same storage
> So, have to remove use less files , From configuration disabling
> unwanted options helps to reduce the size.
> So, I need detail description on compile options and postgres
> installation files.
> If this is provided then will help me.

I don't think that --disable-largefile will reduce the size of
the PostgreSQL executables noticably, if at all. It will certainly not
reduce the amount of disk space required for your database.

Do you only need the PostgreSQL client or also the server?
Will that small storage device also contain the database?

Reducing the number of languages with --enable-nls=<languages>
will certainly help some. Disable all "Optional Packages" you
don't need (they should be described in the documentation).

Yours,
Laurenz Albe