Re: [HACKERS] Terrible performance on wide selects

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Terrible performance on wide selects
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

For the disk case, why not have the start of the record contain an array
of offsets to the start of the data for each column?  It would only be
necessary to have a list for variable fields.

So (for instance) if you have 12 variable fields, you would store 12
integers at the start of the record.