postmaster/shmget errors

От Ridge, Mia
Тема postmaster/shmget errors
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

I've tried all kinds of settings in /etc/system to get postmaster to start, but now I'm wondering if the shmget call itself might be wrong.  Does anyone have any experience with this error?

 The exact errors and solutions I've tried (from the
 postgresql and sun sites) are below.

 The postmaster error is:

 bash-2.03$ less /usr/local/postgresdata/psqlerrors.log
 FindExec: searching PATH ...
 FindExec: found "/usr/local/bin/postgres" using PATH
 IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument)
 key=5432001, size=1073152, per
 mission=600
 FATAL 1:  ShmemCreate: cannot create region
 proc_exit(0) [#0]
 shmem_exit(0) [#0]
 exit(0)

 This error is described in the Solaris faq at
 http://www.postgresql.org/doxlist.html, but the suggested
 solution "set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0x7fffffff" and reboot
didn't work.

 The Sun docs site says:

 1.Edit the /etc/system file with a text editor and add the
 following lines:
 set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=268435456
 set semsys:seminfo_semmap=250
 set semsys:seminfo_semmni=500
 set semsys:seminfo_semmns=500
 set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=500
 set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=500
 set semsys:seminfo_semume=100
 set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=200
 set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=200
 set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=200

 2.Type touch /reconfigure and press Return.

 3.Reboot the system.

 which I did, but it also didn't work.  I've also added
"forceload: sys/shmsys" and repeated the process without
success.

I've also tried the following setting with the same touch
/reconfigure and reboot sequence:

forceload: sys/shmsys
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=128000000

Co-ordinator, Information Services