postgres rpms for solaris and suse

От Kasia Tuszynska
Тема postgres rpms for solaris and suse
Дата
Re: postgres rpms for solaris and suse  ("Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan@gmail.com>)
Re: postgres rpms for solaris and suse  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hello Everybody,

I would like to install Postgresql 8.2.4 or Postgresql 8.3 on both
solaris 10 and suse10.
On the postgres site I found rpms to install on red hat and fedora, but
not for the os' above.

Does that mean that in order to install on either solaris or suse I :
1. need to install from source
2. can use the red hat rpms
a. (I tried that on suse, the rpm install failed with dependencies to 3
.so's, I thought of finding the so's and trying again)
3. get the rpms from a different location
a. (I tried that as well, for solaris I found rpms build by solaris
folks but they were not the version I needed, for suse I also found rpms
on a suse site but upon their execution, the data dir of PGDATA was not
created, so postgres did not have anything to initialize off of,
rendering those rpms not very trust worthy)

Is there some magic rpm source I am missing? Or should I just install
from source?

Thank you,
Sincerely,
Kasia