Quickest command to dump and restore the database? : pg_dump and pg_restore? using PostgreSQL 8.3 running on RedHat 5.3

От Khangelani Gama
Тема Quickest command to dump and restore the database? : pg_dump and pg_restore? using PostgreSQL 8.3 running on RedHat 5.3
Дата
Ответы Re: Quickest command to dump and restore the database? : pg_dump and pg_restore? using PostgreSQL 8.3 running on RedHat 5.3  (Ian Lea <ian.lea@gmail.com>)
Re: Quickest command to dump and restore the database? : pg_dump and pg_restore? using PostgreSQL 8.3 running on RedHat 5.3  (Samuel Stearns <SStearns@internode.com.au>)
Список pgsql-admin

Hi all

I would like to know the quickest way of dumping and restoring the database in version 8.3 of PostgreSQL database running in RedHat 5.3.

We are currently using the command below, which seems to be very slow. We are moving from individual database to centralized database

pg_dump -U enterprisedb -Fc -t ${i} --data-only --ignore-version ${STORE_DB_HOST} -p ${DB_PORT} ${STORE_DB} | ${PG_BIN}/pg_restore -U enterprisedb -p ${DB_PORT} -t ${i} --data-only --dbname=${CDBS_DB}

Please assist…Thanks in advance

Thanks

Confidentiality Notice:http://ucs.co.za/conf.html

The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the addressee only, and may contain the confidential information of UCS Group and/or its subsidiaries. Any review, use or dissemination thereof by anyone other than the intended addressee is prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer immediately and destroy the e-mail. UCS Group Limited and its subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no liability for unauthorised use of their e-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than strictly for business purposes.