Re: Server Configuration

От Richard Carnes
Тема Re: Server Configuration
Список pgsql-performance

Best of Luck!
Richard Carnes

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenneth Marshall [mailto:ktm@rice.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 1:32 PM
To: Cesar Arrieta
Cc: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Server Configuration

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 03:15:22PM -0300, Cesar Arrieta wrote:
> Hi, I have a Server with Fedora Core 11, Tomcat and Postgresql 8.3.
> With Hardware:
> * 8GB RAM
> * 8 processors Intel Xeon E5520 @2.27GHz
> * 250GB SATA DISK
>
> Actually, it serves at most 250 connections.
> The problem happends when it serves many many connections at a time,
tables
> and queries began to get blocked, then I have to kill some processes
> in order to allow other people continue working.
>
> Wich recommendations could you give me for to configure
postgresql.conf, and
> could it be eficcient to buy another server with almost same hardware
> in order to use pgPool2 with replication, load balance and parallel
query?.

It sounds like you may just need a connection pooler (pgpool, pgbouncer)
and it might work just fine.

Cheers,
Ken

The information contained in this electronic message from CCH Small Firm Services, and any attachments, contains
informationthat may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
thatany disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communicationin error, please notify CCH Small Firm Services immediately by e-mail or by telephone at 770-857-5000, and
destroythis communication. Thank you.