Need help on parameters and their values to tune the postgresql database

От Bebarta, Simanchala
Тема Need help on parameters and their values to tune the postgresql database
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Hi,

I am doing a performance benchmarking test by using benchmarkSQL tool on postgresql 8.2.4.I need to tune the parameters to achieve an optimal performance of the postgresql database.

I have installed postgresql 8.2.4 on RHEL AS4. It is a DELL Optiplex GX620 PC with 4GB RAM.

Please suggest me which parameters I need to tune and what would be the possible values for the parameters.

Appreciate if I would get a quick response.

Thanks & Regards,

Simanchala