Re: postgreSQL 7.3.8, pg_dump not able to find large o

От Ron Snyder
Тема Re: postgreSQL 7.3.8, pg_dump not able to find large o
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> We've been getting errors similar to the following (the specific large
> object that is "missing" is different every time) during our nightly
> pg_dump:
>
> pg_dump: dumpBlobs(): could not open large object: ERROR:
> inv_open: large
> object 48217896 not found

After doing a bunch of testing and experimenting, we're pretty sure that the
problem we were having is due to the large objects being deleted while the
pg_dump was running. The entire pg_dump process takes about 2 hours, with
about 1 1/2 hours of that spent on blobs. My question is this: How are other
PostgreSQL users with constant large object insertions/deletions handling
their backup process?  (And is this something that I missed in documentation
somewhere?)

Is this a problem that is handled differently in PostgreSQL 8?

Thanks,
-ron