Re: WHERE

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: WHERE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
If I understand correctly, you are not creating a temp table, but
(rather) a table called 'temp.'

What you want to accomplish is still not entirely clear to me.

Do you wish to "embellish" or "enhance" the 'temp' table data with
description data?  If so, then you want an outer join.

Do you want to throw away all those rows from table 'temp' which do not
have descriptions and show only those for which there is an entry and
for which a description exists also?  If that is the case then you want
an inner join.

Please show the actual schema for the two tables (names, columns,
indexes, etc.) that will participate in the join.

I think for sure what you want to happen can be performed, but the exact
table definitions will be more helpful than generalities to create an
accurate solution.

If you do not know how to list the schema for tables, try using the
PGAdmin III tool or something similar.