Re: SETOF and language 'plpgsql'

От Eric Ridge
Тема Re: SETOF and language 'plpgsql'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> How do you return a "setof <datatype>" from a plpgsql function?

I'll respond to my own post...

After searching the archives I found a post by Jan Wieck that basically
says, "You can't....not sure if we will be able to  do  it  for  7.2".
Then Tom Lane replied, "...If you want to fix plpgsql so that it retains
state and can produce multiple elements of a set over repeated calls,
the same way that SQL functions do, then it could be done today."

http://archives2.us.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2000-08/msg00244.php
   and
http://archives2.us.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2000-08/msg00252.php

They are dated August 2000.

It's over a year later.  What's the status today?  Is this planned for
7.2?  The TODO list doesn't mention it.

eric