Re: Postgres base Backup fails to recover all logs fails from archive

От Lars Aksel Opsahl
Тема Re: Postgres base Backup fails to recover all logs fails from archive
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi again

I have tried to check different /var/log/messages on the servers but they only go back 1 month. I also had quick glance
at Nagios and Munin logs but I could not find anything there.

This database is mainly used for reading data as it is now, but it's a couple of applications which also store data.
The2 days with out activity in the archive logs is strange when I checked back on the activity reports for
applications.I will set the archive_timeout, but the problem  is that we have small updates and the archive files has
thesame size and is not depending on the amount of changed data.

We use NFS to copy archive  files to the backup server because that is simple, but maybe we should have used rsyn or
somethingelse, but independent off how we do it, we need a method to check that the archive file is OK after it's copy.

If it's not OK the files must be transfers once more from the database server. I assume the archive always will be OK
whenit's created on the database server.

Is the the way off doing this to make a script that copies the archive file to backup server cheeks that the files are
equalbefore before it is deleted on the database server ?

Is there any simple utility program that can check if the archive file is OK or do I have to do a restore to check if
thefile is OK  ?

Thanks Lars