Re: Bad character data

От douglas morrison
Тема Re: Bad character data
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The lack of responses is prolly because this sort of thing is usually
handled by the client... The client for input should be
stripping/converting to ASCII/unicode whichever chars are unwanted and
notifying the user if anything is removed/unusable. The client for
display should then be able to parse the chars correctly...

You might be able to use your current data if you change your SELECT to
something like:

SELECT to_ascii(columnName, 'LATIN1') AS convertedColumn
    FROM tableName;

hth,
doug