Re: BUG #1780: JDBC driver "setNull" throws for BLOB and CLOB

От Andrus Adamchik
Тема Re: BUG #1780: JDBC driver "setNull" throws for BLOB and CLOB
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Just tested it with build 312 and the original problem went away. Now
I am seeing a new problem with null BLOBs only:

java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: column "blob_col" is of type bytea but
expression is of type oid
     at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse
(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1471)
     at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults
(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1256)
     at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute
(QueryExecutorImpl.java:175)
     at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute
(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:389)
     at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags
(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:330)
     at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute
(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:321)
     at NullBlob.main(NullBlob.java:26)

In other words "bytea" columns allow inserting non-null blobs, but
null generates the exception above. Here is sample code:

  PreparedStatement st = c
     .prepareStatement("insert into BLOB_TEST (BLOB_TEST_ID,
BLOB_COL) values (?, ?)");
  st.setInt(1, 1);
  st.setNull(2, Types.BLOB);
  st.execute(); // this line throws the exception above

Andrus