Re: count(*) performance

От Brendan Duddridge
Тема Re: count(*) performance
Дата
Re: count(*) performance
Список pgsql-performance
Does that mean that even though autovacuum is turned on, you still
should do a regular vacuum analyze periodically?

Thanks,

Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 |  brendan@clickspace.com

ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE
Calgary, AB  T2G 0V9

http://www.clickspace.com

On Mar 27, 2006, at 11:14 AM, Luke Lonergan wrote:

> Gabriel,
>
> On 3/27/06 10:05 AM, "Gábriel Ákos" <akos.gabriel@i-logic.hu> wrote:
>
>> That gave me an idea. I thought that autovacuum is doing it right,
>> but I
>> issued a vacuum full analyze verbose , and it worked all the day.
>> After that I've tweaked memory settings a bit too (more fsm_pages)
>
> Oops! I replied to your disk speed before I saw this.
>
> The only thing is - you probably don't want to do a "vacuum full", but
> rather a simple "vacuum" should be enough.
>
> - Luke

Вложения

От: george young
Сообщение: simple join uses indexes, very slow