Re: Google Doc Camp

От Steve Atkins
Тема Re: Google Doc Camp
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Aug 5, 2013, at 9:20 AM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:

> +1 for PostgreSQL tutorials that actually tutor.  Is it worth trying
> to do a baseline general one first, or going directly to separate ones
> for DBAs, app & DB developers, etc.?

For real newbies a major hurdle is getting the server up and
a user / database created, so a platform-specific "actually getting
up and running" prequel tutorial would also be a big improvement.
And "how to connect to postgresql from $APP" (including ports, JDBC,
HBA, connection URLs, …). OK, that's a fair sized project on it's own.

(And I'm just down the road from Google HQ. Interesting.)

Cheers,
  Steve

> Cheers,
> David.
> On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 06:45:49PM -0700, Craig Kerstiens wrote:
>> Count me as both intrigued and interest.
>>
>> Josh and others may know my feelings… The Postgres tutorial needs to be entirely blown up. There's a great set of
referencedocs, but in terms of getting started its quite painful. I suspect with some information on what people are
payingto in the existing docs, as well as various resources such as postgresguide.com (http://postgresguide.com) we
couldcreate a tutorial that is not only helpful but helps compete quite well in the broader DBA/app dev ecosystem.