Re: Postgres encyrption export

От Tom Dong
Тема Re: Postgres encyrption export
Дата
Re: Postgres encyrption export
Список pgsql-admin
I am still searching for information on the internet about Postgres
Export review by US Commerce department.

I did see an early email posted on POstgres mailing list about ECCN
number of Postgres and saw the response debating if Postgres should be
considered a US product.  But I did not see any conclusion to that
question, namely if POstgres has an ECCN number and if Postgres is a US
product.

Thanks!
tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Eisentraut [mailto:peter_e@gmx.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 4:03 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Cc: Tom Dong
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Postgres encyrption export

Tom Dong wrote:
> We are wondering whether there has been US Commerce Department review
> of the Postgres application for export.

The Debian project submits all software it distributes to said
department, so one can be fairly assured that they have heard of
PostgreSQL, but how that affects what you are distributing I'm not
sure.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Сообщение: Re: Postgres encyrption export
Сообщение: Re: Postgres encyrption export