Things I learned about PG8 on AIX5.3 with XLC compiler

От Mohan, Ross
Тема Things I learned about PG8 on AIX5.3 with XLC compiler
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Just a short,terse list:

Don't use nondefault optimization. There is something going on
with the code that breaks, runtime, when compiled (which works
fine per se) with higher optimization levels. IPA is a real
difficulty.

Remember to set OBJECT_MODE=64 in OS env!

upgrading m4/autoconf and then configure seems to really help.
(m4 needs __STDC__ to get around "va_list" compilation error)

setting LIBPATH is quite helpful.