Re: Massive table bloat

От Michael Sawyers
Тема Re: Massive table bloat
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

I have no doubt about the tool, I have doubt about managements willingness to let me start using it. People here are very risk adverse, and sometimes that means difficulty in getting improved technology in the door.  It happens of course, it is just slower than one might hope.

Once I have proven it on internal test systems I’m sure I can get the discussion started on including it in our normal processes, but it would be my head to use it on a live customer db for my first run.

Michael

From: Sergey Konoplev-2 [via PostgreSQL] [mailto:ml-node+[hidden email]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:29 PM
To: Michael Sawyers
Subject: Re: Massive table bloat

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Michael Sawyers <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for the tool suggestion.  I already know that I will be refused
> permission to use it on a live db for the first run here, but I will be
> using this on several test machines that I am sure are bloated to prove the
> point and get this added into the standard toolkit here.

If you will have any feedback considering pgcompactor feel free to
write me directly. I am going to publish a new release in the nearest
days so I may include your issues in it.

ps. I have been using this tool constantly on more than 40 DB servers
for more than a year so it is tested quite good.

--
Sergey Konoplev
Database and Software Architect

Phones: