Re: upgrade database to 8.1 - 2GB file limit (pg_dump)

От Tomeh, Husam
Тема Re: upgrade database to 8.1 - 2GB file limit (pg_dump)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Many thanks, Peter and Bricklen. That worked well.

---

   Husam Tomeh

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Eisentraut [mailto:peter_e@gmx.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:46 AM
To: Tomeh, Husam
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] upgrade database to 8.1 - 2GB file limit (pg_dump)

Am Mittwoch, 30. November 2005 15:17 schrieb Tomeh, Husam:
> I'm upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1 on RedHat 2.6 kernel. I'm hitting the
file
> max limit of 2 GB file when I pg_dump my database (even if I compress
> the dump file as it gets generated using a pipe). pg_dump is the
> recommendation stated in the INSTALL doc to upgrade; what would be the
> next recommendation to upgrade the database?

Even though the 2 GB file size limit should be a thing of the past on
modern
Linux systems, if you can't figure it out, there are some tricks to
reduce
the file size listed here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/backup.html#BACKUP-DUMP-LARGE

--
Peter Eisentraut

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may
containinformation that is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering
itto the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is
strictlyprohibited.  If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the
messageand delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.

                                   FADLD Tag