LOG: could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

От Tomeh, Husam
Тема LOG: could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm getting the following errors on one of my pg server running postgres
7.4.5 on RedHat AS R4.

LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer
LOG:  incomplete startup packet

What I found out is that there's a networking VIP monitoring port 5432
every 15 sec and that's basically used for failover so that the
application will re-direct user requests to another server with
identical pg database in case of database or server failure.

I've checked that database and no connections are being created by the
VIP. Network admin says it operates on network layer 4 and just check if
the port is open. My question is, knowing all that, is there any caveat
or harm to Postgres implementing the VIP failover feature. Is there
anything I should be concerned of from a postgres perspective..

Thank you.

--
  Husam
This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may

Thank you.

                                   FADLD Tag