Re: [PERFORMANCE] Insights: fseek OR read_cluster?

От Antonio Rodriges
Тема Re: [PERFORMANCE] Insights: fseek OR read_cluster?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thank you, Craig, your answers are always insightful

> What is read_cluster()  ? Are you talking about some kind of async and/or

I meant that if you want to read a chunk of data from file you (1)
might not call traditional fseek but rather memorize hard drive
cluster numbers to boost disk seeks and, (2) perform the read of disk
cluster directly.