Re: [ADMIN] dblink_tds or similar for PostgreSQL 10

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: [ADMIN] dblink_tds or similar for PostgreSQL 10
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> Hi.
>
> I need to migrate a database from Postgres 9.0 to Postgres 10.

Be careful because version 10 "stable" isn't released yet.

> On pg9 we use dblink_tds to connect to a Ms SQL Server to do a simple
> INSERT and a simple SELECT.
>
> So, there is an alternative in pg10 similar to dblink_tds for make
> SELECTs and INSERTs on MS SQL?
>
> If not, what do yo recommend me?

I think dblink_tds is deprecated for a long time... for now we recommend use Foreign Data Wrappers [1] and in your case tds_fdw [2].

Regards,

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers
[2] https://pgxn.org/dist/tds_fdw/

--