[ADMIN] Would like to below scenario is possible for getting page/block corruption

От Sreekanth Palluru
Тема [ADMIN] Would like to below scenario is possible for getting page/block corruption
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi ,
I am working on page corruption issue want to know if below scenario is possible

1)  Insert command from client , I understand heap_insert is called from heampam.c
2) Let us say table is full and relation is extended and added a new block
3) Tuple is inserted into new page for the block RelationPutHeapTuple/hio.c
4) Later  WAL record is inserted  through recptr = XLogInsert(RM_HEAP_ID, info);
5) Then backend update the PageHeader with WAL LSN details  PageSetLSN(page, recptr);

If my server got crashed after step 4) is there a possibility that after postgres database restart I get  below error when I access the relation or vacuum is run on this relation or taking backup through pg_dump  ?
ERROR:  invalid page header in block 204 of relation base/16413/16900 ?

or
Postgres can automatically recover the page  without throwing any error ?

Appreciate your valuable response on this

--
Regards
Sreekanth