Re: [GENERAL] WARNING: database must be vacuumed within 8439472 transactions

От Prabhjot Sheena
Тема Re: [GENERAL] WARNING: database must be vacuumed within 8439472 transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
i will run full vacuum than and see how it goes.

Thanks
avi

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Scott Whitney <scott@journyx.com> wrote:
Yes. That's what I was referring to. Back in my 8.3 days, I was required to do a FULL vacuum every week. I discussed it quite a bit on this list, and there were many people who said it should not have been required, but it was, and it resolved my particular issues (clogs not getting removed until full vac). I would recommend it.

-------- Original message --------
From: Prabhjot Sheena
Date:07/07/2014 3:46 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: Alvaro Herrera
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org,Forums postgresql
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] [GENERAL] WARNING: database must be vacuumed within 8439472 transactions

While the vacuumdb --analyze command is running i m getting these messages for these tables which might require full vacuum.

WARNING:  relation "public.result" contains more than "max_fsm_pages" pages with useful free space
HINT:  Consider using VACUUM FULL on this relation or increasing the configuration parameter "max_fsm_pages".

WARNING:  relation "public.run" contains more than "max_fsm_pages" pages with useful free space

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Prabhjot Sheena wrote:
> Hello
>        We are using postgresql 8.3 database for last 5 yrs for this
> production database and its running fine. This is our critical database
> which runs 24*7. This weekend we started getting these messages
>
> HINT:  To avoid a database shutdown, execute a full-database VACUUM.
> WARNING:  database  must be vacuumed within 8439472 transactions

Did you omit the database name here, or is it really an empty string?
Make sure you vacuum exactly the database mentioned there.  Autovacuum
should be doing it, though, but perhaps it's dying for some reason and
it can't vacuum one table in particular.  You should check your log for
errors.

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/