Re: Auto Vacuum

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Auto Vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 2:13 AM, teyking2003 <tchongking@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone provide me a sample of auto vacuum and also step by step to
> configure it inside my linux ubuntu server?

Here's the basic instructions on autovacuum for pgsql 8.2.  Note that
since it's out of support, if you run into any bugs or problems with
it you're likely to be told to upgrade.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/runtime-config-autovacuum.html

As long as it's on (first setting on that page) the default values are
fine for most low to medium level usage patterns.  If you are doing
enough work that you need to tune autovacuum, then you DEFINITELY need
to upgrade to a more recent version of pgsql than 8.2.

The biggest issue with 8.2 is that autovacuum is not multi-threaded.
One long running vacuum thread can allow multiple tables to get
bloated in a busy server.  Also some bugs in vacuum have been fixed
since 8.2 was end of lifed, so you may run into them as well.