Re: Slow application response on lightly loaded server?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Slow application response on lightly loaded server?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Mike Blackwell <mike.blackwell@rrd.com> wrote:
> We're seeing slow application performance on a PostgreSQL 9.1 server which
> appears to be relatively lightly loaded.  Some graphs from pgstatview are at
> http://www2.uptimeforce.com/pgstatview/e35ba4e7db0842a1b9cf2e10a4c03d91/
> These cover approximately 40 minutes, during which there was some activity
> from a web application and two bulk loads in process.
>
> The machine running the bulk loads (perl scripts) is also running at about
> 70% idle with very little iowait.  That seems to suggest network latency to
> me.
>
> Am I missing something in the server stats that would indicate a problem?
> If not, where should I look next?

I'd run vmstat and look for high cs or int numbers (100k and above) to
see if you're maybe seeing an issue with that.  A lot of times a
"slow" server is just too much process switching.  But yeah, the
graphs you've posted don't seem overly bad.