Re: subselect requires offset 0 for good performance.

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: subselect requires offset 0 for good performance.
Дата
Re: subselect requires offset 0 for good performance.
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
>> I am running 8.4.15 and can try 8.4.17 if some patch has been applied
>> to it to address this issue. I just want to know should I
>
>> A: upgrade to 8.4.17
>> or
>> B: create a self contained test case.
>
> A quick look at the release notes shows no planner fixes in 8.4.16 or
> 8.4.17, so it would be rather surprising if (A) helps.

OK. I was doing some initial testing and if I select out the 4 columns
into a test table the query runs fast. If I select all the columns
into a test table it runs slow, so it appears table width affects
this. Will have more to report tomorrow on it.

Сообщение: Re: Looks like merge join planning time is too big, 55 seconds
Сообщение: Re: Looks like merge join planning time is too big, 55 seconds