Re: Database in psql

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Database in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM, teyking2003 <tchongking@hotmail.com> wrote:
> i'm a very fresh on psql+linux setup.
> at my side, i have linux ubuntu 2.6.22-14 server + psql 8.2.5+bluedragon web
> server. im confuse with vacuum steps, normally i use

You really should look at updating to a later version of pgsql, and
ubuntu if you can manage it.  pgsql 8.2 is EOL.

> *psql database_name
> database_name=# vacuum;/vacuum full/ vacuum full analyst*
> to perform basic maintenance to the system. but the user sometimes was feel
> very slow while accessing using browser, information search will hang over
> there.

You shouldn't normally need to do a vacuum and especially vacuum full
unless autovacuum isn't doing it's job correctly.  Note that earlier
versions of autovacuum were single threaded and tuned pretty
conservatively so that you could get into some trouble with table and
index bloat.  Do you have any evidence that autovacuum isn't working
on this machine?