Re: Slow application response on lightly loaded server?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Slow application response on lightly loaded server?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Yeah seems reasonable.  The last thing I'd look at is something like
improperly configured dns service.  Are you connecting by IP or by
host name?

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Mike Blackwell <mike.blackwell@rrd.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering about that.  However, the database server and the server doing
> the bulk loads are on the same subnet.  Traceroute shows only a single hop.
> Traceroute and ping both show reply times in the area of .25 - .50 ms or so.
> Is that reasonable?

> Mike Blackwell | Technical Analyst, Distribution Services/Rollout Management
> | RR Donnelley
> 1750 Wallace Ave | St Charles, IL 60174-3401
> Office: 630.313.7818
> Mike.Blackwell@rrd.com
> http://www.rrdonnelley.com
>

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Mike Blackwell <mike.blackwell@rrd.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Scott Marlowe
>> > <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>

>> > Thanks for the tip.  Here's a quick look at those numbers under that
>> > same
>> > load.  Watching it for a while longer didn't show any spikes.  That
>> > doesn't
>> > seem to be it, either.
>>
>> Yep it all looks good to me.  Are you sure you're not getting network
>> lag or something like that?

Сообщение: Re: Slow application response on lightly loaded server?
Сообщение: Re: Slow application response on lightly loaded server?