Re: Postgres Server crashed

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Postgres Server crashed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Akash Kodibail
<akash.kodibail@onmobile.com> wrote:
> I was hopeful of restoring the data from data files in $PGDATA path. I read this article about PITR using the
recovery.conf,But I am not aware of the pre-requisites and not entirely sure about the concept beneath this.

With PITR you set up the system ahead of time to do this.  It is not a
rescue / recovery procedure for a broken database.  I like Kevin fear
that by starting it back up with an old pg_Controldata you may have
made matters much worse, depending on what autovacuum might have done.

Once you have a backup it's time to start experimenting, and I think
pg_resetxlog is the best place to start.