Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 9:01 AM, Craig James <cjames@emolecules.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM, Andrea Suisani <sickpig@opinioni.net> wrote:
>> (I suspect that there's something wrong with the PERC
>> because, having the controller cache enabled make no
>> difference in terms of TPS), it seems strange that disabling
>> HT from the bios will give lesser TPS that HT disable through
>> sysfs interface.
>
> Well, all I can say is that I like my 3WARE controllers, and it's the
> secondary reason why I moved away from Dell (the primary reason is
> price).

Mediocre performance, random lockups, and Dell's refusal to address
said lockups are the reasons I abandoned Dell's PERC controllers.  My
preference is Areca 1680/1880, then 3Ware 96xx, then LSI, then
Adaptec.  Areca's web interface on a dedicated ethernet port make them
super easy to configure while the machine is running with no need for
specialized software for a given OS, and they're performance and
reliability are great.  The 3Wares are very solid with later model
BIOS on board.  LSI gets a rasberry for MegaCLI, the 2nd klunkiest
interface ever, the worst being their horrible horrible BIOS boot
setup screen.

Сообщение: Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance
Сообщение: Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance