Re: Problems with PG 9.3

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Problems with PG 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Dhruv Shukla <dhruvshukla82@gmail.com> wrote:

> On viewing server logs on postgres server found the error as
> FATAL: connection to client lost
>
> There has been some improvements, like few of the getting stuck DB functions
> ran good. But the main ones are still failing.

This sounds like a firewall issue to me, but it could be a backend
running out of memory and the oom killer in linux killing it. I
believe oom killer logs to /var/log/syslog or /var/log/messages. Got
anything in those logs about that time for the oom killer?

If not, it could be a firewall, if you have one, between the app and
db boxes. If that's the case you can stop it from happening by
lowering the tcp keepalive settings.