Re: Autovaccum failure with Postgres 8.3.14? (max-fsm_pages issue?)

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Autovaccum failure with Postgres 8.3.14? (max-fsm_pages issue?)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Subhasis Bhattacharya
<subhasis.bhattacharya@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Craig,
>
> We have plans to upgrade to a later version of postgres, but that could take
> a while.
>
> Meantime, I wanted to understand whether the autovacuum failure could be
> linked to the fact that the stats collector could not update (rename) the
> pgstats file?

It's important to understand that Craig is implying you're getting
bitten by a bug in an early version of pg 8.3 that can be fixed by
updating to a later version of pg 8.3.  Updating within a minor
version number like that causes minimum down time as it simply copies
in new binary files and restarts the db with no need for upgrading the
/data directory.  On most debian based boxes it's as simple as:

sudo apt-get update
or
sudo apt-get upgrade