Re: Postgresql 9.0.6 Raid 5 or not please help.

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Postgresql 9.0.6 Raid 5 or not please help.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 8:13 PM, tuanhoanganh <hatuan05@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank for your information.
> My postgresql config fsync default
> #fsync = on # turns forced synchronization on or off
> My RAID is ServeRAID M5015 SAS/SATA controller, in MegaRaid Store Manager it
> show BBU Present = YES.
> Does it have battery backed caching RAID controller?
> Please help me, I am newbie of RAID card manager.

Yep you've got battery backed caching RAID.   So regular pgbench tells
you how much faster RAID-1 is than RAID-5 at a read/write mixed load.
You can run it with a -s switch for a read only benchmark to get an
idea how much, if any, of a difference there is between the two.