Trying to use binary replication - from tutorial

От Evan Walter
Тема Trying to use binary replication - from tutorial
Дата
Re: [ADMIN] Trying to use binary replication - from tutorial  (Mark Keisler <qa4437@motorola.com>)
Список pgsql-general

Hello,
I am somewhat new with postgresql trying to find a good method of replication for my company.
I am running through the tutorials on binary replication for postgresql 9.1.  Both servers are virtual box Ubuntu 10.10 on a laptop.

I ran this rsync -av --exclude pg_xlog --exclude postgresql.conf /var/lib/postgresql/9.1/main/* postgres:<ip-address of standby>:/var/lib/postgresql/9.1/main/

The standby server then will not restart.  It says it is missing pg_xlog/0000000000 ...   files

I ran the rsync again not excluding the pg_xlog.  This time both servers restart but there doesn't seem to be any replication occurring.

I am curious why this is going on - why it didn't work excluding the pg_xlog.  Was there something wrong with my syntax?  Is there something I am missing not found in the tutorial?
I will appreciate any help, advice.

Thank you,

Evan