Re: Diagnosing a massive toast file

От Wells Oliver
Тема Re: Diagnosing a massive toast file
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Appreciate it, guys. I understand it being large isn't itself a problem, but relative to history and the lack of real changes, it's just strange and I'd like to better understand what is going on...

I tracked it down to a specific table, and then doing a VACUUM FULL ANALYZE on that table yields: 108765 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.

Which strikes me as odd. Any reading I can do to better understand why so many (relative to the overall table size) dead rows cannot be removed?

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 9:49 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com> writes:
> Yeah, trying to figure out what actual table is clearly in need of a vacuum
> b/c of the size of that toast table.

Something like

select relname from pg_class
where reltoastrelid = 'pg_toast.pg_toast_NNN'::regclass;

(or, if you have potential duplicate relnames, select oid::regclass ...)

The mere fact that it's big does not indicate a problem, though.

Сообщение: Re: Diagnosing a massive toast file
Сообщение: Re: Diagnosing a massive toast file