Re: plpgsql, dynamic variable lengths..

От Wells Oliver
Тема Re: plpgsql, dynamic variable lengths..
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Beaut, that's it.

I still can't tell if this is too hacky to bear, but it works. Trying to essentially use a python-style kwargs declaration, but with a jsonb object. We'll see.

Thanks!

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 12:54 AM Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
Le sam. 8 févr. 2020 à 03:36, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> a écrit :
Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com> writes:
> Yes, but the issue is it won't always be three params, and not always the
> same variable in $1, $2, etc. It depends on which keys are present in the
> passed JSON object. Which I why I think I need to do something else like
> create a recordset and pass that in USING, or something. Just can't quite
> figure it out...

Maybe just pass the JSON object as the only USING param, and do the
field selections in the SQL fragments?

And why don't you do this instead?

SQLSTRING := SQLSTRING || ' AND col1 = ' || quote_literal(args->>'col1');

--
Guillaume.