Re: Profile what the production server is doing

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Profile what the production server is doing
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 1:18 PM, Thomas Güttler
<guettliml@thomas-guettler.de> wrote:
> Is there a tool which does this for PostgreSQL?
>
> Take a "snapshot" of what the server is doing about 10 times per second.
> Write this to a file.
> After N hours you can aggregate the file.
> What does the server do most of the time?
> Which tables/index gets used the most.
>
> Before optimizing a database, I would like to know what is going
> on in the production system.
>
> I know that there are internal tables like pg_stat_statements.
> But I guess doing a snapshot every N millseconds will present a
> better picture of what is going in in real life.
>
> Is there already a tool which goes this way?

You can look at powa (https://powa.readthedocs.io/) which aims to
provide this kind of information.

От: Thomas Güttler
Сообщение: Profile what the production server is doing
От: Baron Schwartz
Сообщение: Re: Profile what the production server is doing