Re: Streaming replication issue

От mallikarjun t
Тема Re: Streaming replication issue
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
By main intension is doing streaming replication between postgres community version to edb advanced version. I am trying IAM achieve something streaming replication But I didn't access slave server that the problem.

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019, 11:21 PM Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 6:23 PM John Wiencek <jwiencek3@comcast.net> wrote:

> Multi master requires that you identify one node as the primary node.   Data is populated to the remote node via an initial snapshot.   Tables on the remote node cannot exist when you run the initial snapshot.  The snapshot will create all objects on the remote node .
>

> xDB(multi-master replication) will not merge two databases together.
>

> > I am under impression that what you are trying to do is merging two
> > Primary databases. If that is what you actually want then Streaming
> > Replication is not going to work for you. Maybe you should look for
> > some Multi-master replication tool, which is probably the way to go if
> > you want to mix PostgreSQL and EDB Advanced Server anyway.

By "you" I meant Mallikarjun and "merge" was meant to be as generic as
possible, since I do not have a clear picture of the problem.

Maybe if the original poster comments on the topic we can give him
better advice.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha